Cosrx Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream Review

by - 5:46 PM


The winter season is a jolly time for me, but... not so much for my skin. As the air gets drier and chillier, my skin goes through a roller coaster, literally. Going from oily skin to extremely dry skin, I was on the hunt for a moisturizer to replenish and protect my skin's moisture barrier-- particularly a hyaluronic-acid based moisturizer. I had heard great things about hyaluronic acid, reading that it works very very very well in retaining moisture (per usual as it is a humectant). While perusing my choices, I decided to give the Cosrx Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream a try. Cosrx is a skincare brand that I trust, with its simple, yet effective ingredients, working well for those with acne-prone skin, so I was inclined to try it. But did it preform well?? (dun, dun, DUN) We'll see...

Claims: Helps the dry skin hydrated all day and night with an invisible veil of moisture.

Price: ~$16 (However, I bought this on sale at Jolse for ~$13)

Ingredients:  Hippophae Rhamnoides Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Betaine, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Ethyhexylglycerine, Carbomer, Allaintoin, Xanathan Gum Panthenol, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Ethyl Hexanediol

Notable Ingredients:
  • Hippophae Rhamnoides Water: also known as sea buckthorn, it is a berry extract that works well in improving skin hydration when combined with an oil 
  • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: deriving from coconut oil and glycerin, its an emollient whose fatty acids are excellent in preventing moisture loss
  • Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil: an emollient with fatty acids that helps to improve and soothe the skin; great for dry skin
  • Sodium Hyaluronate: made of molecules found naturally in the skin, it is the salt form of hyaluronic acid; it is considered to be more effective than pure hyaluronic acid due to its smaller molecular size, allowing it to penetrate easily into the skin
The Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream contains a lot of great ingredients that provide the moisture and fatty acids to help your skin barrier. It's interesting to note that the Sodium Hyaluronate (the Hyaluronic Acid of this product) is in the middle of the list. Since it's a Hyaluronic Acid-based moisturizer, I would assume it would have been higher up on the list. I'm not a chemist, so perhaps having the Sodium Hyaluronate in the middle of the list is the best place to put it for maximum results. 

My thoughts:

For those with dry skin, this moisturizer is great in keeping the moisture sealed. In fact, it works well as a last step moisturizer. During the time when my skin was extremely dry, applying this moisturizer over the Cosrx Snail 96 All-In-One Cream (a review on this is coming soon!) helped in containing the moisture in my skin during those winter days. Since the texture of this product is a cross between a thick cream and a gel, it helped to provide an excellent layer for my skin's barrier.

The texture is of hybrid between a gel and a cream.

However, since my skin is generally oily (meaning, my skin type is oily and changes only during the winter season), I found this moisturizer to be a bit heavy on the skin. Nevertheless, it is manageable. By using just a tiny amount of product, enough to cover my whole face and neck, it doesn't feel as heavy on the skin. Plus, a small amount is enough for your skin to be hydrated. With this advantage of having to use only a small amount of product at a time, the Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream lasts for a loooong time. I've had this product for more than 6 months, and I'm halfway done. Also, around $16 (or even less depending on where you purchase it), the price is not too bad considering how much product I still have left. In terms of the the container, it appears small at a glance, but it is dense with product, filled to the brim. Additionally, it comes with a small spoon and a lid to keep the product sanitary.

The lid has a little edge so you can lift it with ease. Also comes with a spoon!

For those with acne-prone skin, this product has not effected my acne. Of course, everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to different products, but for me, this product has not triggered my acne. But just as a cautionary rule, always patch test new products!

Pros: 
  • Provides hydration and seals moisture 
  • Excellent fatty acid and moisturizing ingredients 
  • Great when layering with other hydrating products
  • Seals skin barrier 
  • Reasonably priced considering the amount of product 
  • Lasts for a long time
Cons:
  • Can be heavy for oily and acne-prone skin

Overall, the Cosrx Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream is a good, solid moisturizer that does it's job-- it provides the hydration and seals your skin barrier. It works nicely when layering during the winter season. Great for those with dry skin. A possible, good moisturizer for oily skin. This product isn't a holy grail, nor does it drastically transform your skin. It simply performs it's job in protecting one's skin barrier from moisture loss. And that is enough for me.

3.75 out of 5 stars

You May Also Like

0 comments